CONDITIONS OF PLAY
- Amateur Orchard members and dependents in good standing as of registration date and during the tournament period.
- Guests must likewise be of amateur status.
Rules of Play
- Play shall be governed by the:
- The 2019 Rules of Golf as approved by the R & A Rules Limited,
- The Club’s Local Rules and Tournament Rules that are listed in the Terms of Competition or as announced by the Rules Committee prior to the start of the tournament.
- Group A – Top 25 % of field with lowest team handicap
- Group B – Next 25 % of field
- Group C – Next 25 % of field
- Group D – Bottom 25 % of field
Team handicap shall be the average of participant’s handicaps.
- 36-hole Stableford Scoring System with handicaps.
- Stableford points will count as follows:
Net Double Bogey 0 Net Bogey 1 Net Par 2 Net Birdie 3 Net Eagle 4 Net Double Eagle 5 Hole in One 6
- Palmer Course – 18-hole Net Aggregate Strokeplay competition. Combined points of partners count as the team’s score.
- Player Course – 18-hole Net Four-Ball Strokeplay competition. Better net score for the hole counts as the team’s score (Rule 23).
- One crystal trophy for each member of the team as in for the following awards/categories:
- Overall Champion – Team with highest 36-hole net Stableford points
- Low Gross Champion – Team with highest 36-hole gross Stableford points
- Group Champion – Team with highest net Stableford points in each group
- Group Runner-Up – Team with next highest net Stableford points in each group
- Note: A team may only win one award. Should a team have both the best overall gross and net points, they have the option to choose which award to take.
- Daily prizes for best team net and best team gross points on each course.
- A 2019 MERCEDES-BENZ B 180 PROGRESSIVE will be available as hole-in-one prize on hole nos. 5 and 14 at the player Course during the tournament. In case of multiple holes-in-one on these holes, the prize will be equally shared between the winners.
- A 2019 MERCEDES-BENZ A 180 PROGRESSIVE will be available as hole-in-one prize on hole nos. 7 and 16 at the Palmer Course during the tournament. In case of multiple holes-in-one on these course, the prize will be equally shared between the winners.
- Daily prizes for best team net and best team gross points on each course.
- Hole-in-one prize/s on the other holes in both courses will be shared equally among the winners
Tie – Breaks
- Ties will be broken as follows:
- most points at the Player course, then,
- most points at the Player course back 9 (10-18), then,
- most points at the Player course last 6 holes (13-18), then,
- most points at the Player course last 3 holes (16-18),
- and if still tied, countback on most points from the 18th hole.
- Net points will be used to break ties in Overall & Group categories and Gross points for Low Gross.
- Participants must have established UNHS or USGA handicap indexes with at least 20 recent games recorded before September 22, 2019. Otherwise the participant’s handicap will be subject to reduction at the Tournament Committee’s discretion.
- The participant’s lowest handicap index from the month of May to October 2019 will be used for handicap computation.
- Participant’s tournament handicap will be based on the Palmer Course slope ratings.
- Maximum handicap index for members are, 31.0 for men (Hcp-36) and 32.9 for ladies (Hcp-36) while for guests, 20.8 for men (Hcp-24) and 24.8 for ladies (Hcp-27).
- Participant’s handicap must be submitted and verified by the participant himself at the Golf Office prior to November 10, 2019.
- The committee reserves the right to accept, deny or adjust any participant’s handicap if it deems it fit or necessary.
Size of Field
- Maximum of 400 teams
- Schedules/Tee Times (Shotgun starts)
Schedule A Thursday, Nov. 21 @ 6:15 AM
& Saturday, Nov. 23 @ 12:15 PM
Schedule B Thursday, Nov. 21 @ 12:15 PM
& Saturday, Nov. 23 @ 6:15 AM
Schedule C Friday, Nov. 22 @ 6:15 AM
& Sunday, Nov. 24 @ 12:15 PM
Schedule D Friday, Nov. 22 @ 12:15 PM
& Sunday, Nov. 24 @ 6:15 AM
- The Committee has the final decision on pairings and hole assignments.
- Men will use the Blue Tee
- Seniors 55 yrs. old and above (as of November 21, 2019) may opt to use the Silver Tee
- Ladies will use the Red Tee.
Confirmation of Entries
- Confirmation of entries shall be made upon the submission of entry form and payment of fees.
- After the Entry Book is filled, a waiting list will be established on a first come-first served basis.
- A separate waiting list will be established on a first-come-first-served basis for dependent children, 12 years old and above. The said list will be acted upon after October 1, 2019, provided no regular members or their spouses are in the waiting list.
- Entry fee is P12,000.00 per team. Each team is required two (2) Grand Raffle tickets at P3, 000.00 each as part of their Founders Cup registration. Tickets are non-refundable and may be billed on your account
- Cancellation without penalty will be accepted until Thursday, November 3, 2019 at 5:00 PM only.
- Cancellations made after November 3, 2019 at 5:00 PM are eligible for a fifty percent (50%) refund if the tournament giveaways have already been claimed.
- No refund shall be given.
- The cancelling member will be charged the equivalent green fees in case the guest partner has availed of the practice rounds.
Change of Partners
- A member may change his partner not later than November 15, 2019, provided that the new partner meets the handicap requirements. Otherwise, he plays with zero handicap.
- Free weekday practice rounds may be played without the member-partner up to November 19, 2019 provided:
- the entry is confirmed, and,
- prior booking is made with the Golf Office.
- Guest partner may play practice rounds on weekends and holidays provided he pays half the price of the weekend green fees.
- P500.00 for two mulligans per 18- holes is compulsory and will be charged to folio.
- Not valid for a hole-in-one prize.
- May be used anywhere except on the putting green.
- Must be announced to the marker before it is used.
- Mulligan ball must be used once put in play.
Late to Tee
- Players who are late to tee:
- must mark “X” on the scorecard for the hole/s not played,
- may join play starting on the next tee.
Pace of Play
- Play without delay.
- 22-inch ‘gimme putt’ rule applies. Any ball lying within or above 22” of the gimme circle will be considered holed on the next stroke.
- A participant must pick up his ball if his next stroke is for a net double bogey or zero points.
- An 18-hole round should be finished within 4 hours & 30 minutes, or an average of 15 minutes per hole. A participant should play his shot within 40 seconds from his turn to play.
- Marshals and rulesmen are empowered to penalize a player for slow play under a guideline set by the Committee.
- 1st offense – warning; participants placed on the clock
- 2nd offense – two(2)-point team penalty
- 3rd offense – disqualification for the day
- To speed up play, participant must play a provisional ball if the original ball may be lost or out of bounds, but the participant shall inform marker or fellow competitor of his intent.
- Each team shall serve as the marker for the other team in the flight. The markers must observe the following for each hole:
- record the gross scores, or
- put an “X” in case of a pick-up or hole not played by the participants of the other team.
- Only official scorecards will be accepted. Scorecards must be:
- signed by at least one member of each team,
- turned in within 15 minutes of completing a round.
- participants responsibility to check the scorecard
- Scorecards not turned in on time shall be voided, and the errant team shall disqualified for the day.
- The Tournament Committee will compute for the Net Stableford points for each participant and team.
- The minimum caddie fee for the tournament is P600.00
- Participant shall pay the caddie immediately after his round.
- The venue for the Awards Dinner shall be at the Grand Ballroom and the adjacent balcony. Gates will open at exactly 6:00 P.M.
- The awarding is exclusive for golf participants and their spouses only. Participant’s Children, relatives and friends will not be allowed to enter into the awarding venue.
- For the convenience of the Sunday afternoon participants, it is suggested that they bill out and load their golf bags into your vehicles before attending the awards dinner.
- Cash payments will be accepted for additional F&B orders during the Awards Dinner.
- Founders Cup participants attending Cocktail Nights and Award Dinner in shorts, slippers or collarless shirts will be denied entry.
- Members are advised to remind their guest partners our dress code to avoid embarrassment.
- The Rules Committee has the final decision regarding the Rules of Golf.
- The Tournament Committee has the final decision on all other matters and reserves the right to change the Tournament Rules and prizes with proper notice.